WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) informs you about the processing of your personal data (i.e., data by which you may be directly or indirectly identified, hereafter the “Personal Data”) by Premialab (as defined hereunder) when accessing and browsing the website www.premialab.com (the “Website”), as well as your rights in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Data Protection Legislation means Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “GDPR”), as well as any other applicable laws, regulations, and sector recommendations containing rules for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of Personal Data, as such legislation and guidance may be complemented, amended, replaced, or repealed from time to time.
1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER AND WHO TO CONTACT?
Any Personal Data provided to or collected by Premialab, having its registered office at 12/F, Henley Building, 5 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong , and registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Hong Kong under number 2443626 (hereafter “Premialab”) will be processed (i.e., used, stored, transmitted, etc.) in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Should you have any requests concerning your Personal Data, you can contact Premialab at the address indicated in clause 11 “Contact”.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED?
Premialab receives and collects the Personal Data directly from you or through the use of automated technology when you use and interact with the Website.
In particular, the Personal Data Premialab processes about you may include:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or using the contact details (this may include your email address, your name and surname, as well as of any Personal Data contained in your email sent to us);
- If you contact Premialab by email, any records of these exchanges;
3. FOR WHICH PURPOSES DOES PREMIALAB PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS?
3.1 For purposes that are in Premialab’s or a third party’s legitimate interest, such as:
- Helping Premialab to administer, evaluate and improve its business, products, and the services Premialab offers;
- Helping Premialab to improve the performance and usability of the Website;
- Personalizing your experience on the Website so as to assure you the best possible user experience;
- Sending you updates and announcements about Premialab’s products and services;
- The establishment of statistics and the conduct of Website trends, performance, and commercial analysis;
- Assuring the safety and continuity of Premialab’s IT services and systems;
- Fraud detection
- The establishment, exercise, and defence of legal claims; and
- In connection with any business reorganisation, transfer, disposal, merger, or acquisition on the level of Premialab.
3.2 With your consent
Insofar as you have given Premialab your consent for the processing of your Personal Data, such consent will serve as a legal basis for the referred processing.
You can withdraw your consent at any moment by contacting Premialab at the address indicated in clause 11 “Contact”.
4. WHO RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The following recipients may receive your Personal Data:
- Service providers, including but not limited to IT or website services suppliers, financial, tax, or legal advisors, that process your Personal Data on Premialab’s instructions;
- The operator of the general homepage by which the Website is accessible;
- Government, judicial, and supervisory authorities;
- Parties involved in the context of a company restructuring, transfer, divestiture, merger, or acquisition impacting Premialab; and
- Other companies or entities within the Premialab Group.
5. WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED TO?
For the purposes listed above, your Personal Data may be transferred to any of the aforementioned recipients and service providers in countries located in or outside of the European Economic Area (the EEA).
Your Personal Data may be transferred to the following countries located outside of the EEA: the United States of America, and Hong Kong SAR.
Your Personal Data may be transferred to a country outside of the EEA on the basis of the fact that the European Commission has decided that such country ensures an adequate level of protection. Certain countries in which recipients and data processors may be located and to which your Personal Data may be transferred may however not have the same level of protection of your Personal Data as the one afforded in the EEA. Personal Data transferred to countries outside of the EEA in such case will be protected by appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You may obtain a copy of such safeguards by contacting Premialab by using the contact details provided in clause 11.
6. HOW LONG DOES PREMIALAB RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The retention periods for your Personal Data are based on Premialab’s business needs and legal requirements.
Premialab may notably retain:
- Personal Data you have submitted to Premialab through a specific request until we have responded to your request or until the end of the exchange relating thereto, plus ten (10) years as of the end of such communication; and
- Cookies up to six (6) months after your last use of the Website.
Premialab may also retain your Personal Data other than related to cookies for up to two (2) years for statistics, business analysis and marketing purposes, except for your contact information to be used for our newsletter purpose which may be retained for more than two (2) years unless you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
7. DO YOU HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE THE PERSONAL DATA?
In the context of Premialab’s business and the functioning of the Website, you only have to provide the Personal Data that is necessary for Premialab to reply to your requests or necessary for the Website to run properly.
However, please be aware that without certain types of Personal Data (notably Personal Data relating to cookies technically required to be able to browse the Website), Premialab will not be able to duly reply to your requests or some parts of the Website may become inaccessible.
8. TO WHAT EXTENT DOES PREMIALAB USE AUTOMATED DECISIONS MAKING OR PROFILING?
In general, Premialab does not use automated individual decision-making or profiling in the course of the relationship with you. Should Premialab rely on such processing, Premialab would inform you separately, insofar Premialab is legally required to do so.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
9.1 Right to information, rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing
You may request to obtain at no costs, within reasonable intervals, and in a timely manner, the communication of your Personal Data being processed, as well as all information on the origin of those data.
You also have the right to rectify your Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
In cases where the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested, the processing is unlawful, or where you have objected to the processing of your Personal Data, you may ask for the restriction of the processing of such Personal Data. This means that Personal Data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of an EU Member State. In case a processing is restricted, you will be informed before the restriction of processing is lifted.
You may request the deletion of Personal Data held about you, without undue delay when the use or other processing of such Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes described above, and notably when consent relating to a specific processing has been withdrawn or where the processing is not or no longer lawful for other reasons.
9.2 Right to object
You may object to processing of your Personal Data which is based on the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. In such a case we will no longer process your Personal Data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Your right to object is not bound to any formalities.
9.3 Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. The withdrawal only affects future processing.
9.4 Right to data portability
Where the processing of your data is based on consent or the execution of a contract with you, you also have the right to data portability for information you provided to us – this means that you can obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and transmit it to another data controller.
9.5 Right to lodge a complaint
You can exercise your rights any time by contacting us at the email address provided in clause 1.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your Personal Data, please contact us in the first instance at the email address indicated above in clause 11 and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to file a complaint with the Luxembourg data protection authority, the Commission nationale pour la protection des données, or another European data protection authority (e.g., in your country of residence), in the event you have concerns on the processing of your Personal Data.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website might contain link to third party websites (e.g., LinkedIn).
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or Personal Data Premialab holds about you, you may contact Premialab at its registered office (see clause 1 above) or at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, Premialab may takes steps to verify your identity before complying with the requests.
12. AMENDMENTS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Premialab may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure that you are fully informed about all processing activities and Premialab’s compliance with applicable Data Protection Legislation. You will be notified of changes to the Privacy Notice by appropriate means.